Monday, May 12, 2008

Add another talent to my list - bull rustler



Last Thursday I was driving south of town, near farms and ranches, when my superior peripheral vision caught a flash of gray and quick movement. I turned my head just in time to see a huge Brahma bull jumping a fence. He stood one foot from the two-laned highway yellow stripe and looked both ways, as if to decide his next direction. Holy cow, I thought, knowing that deer can inflict great vehicular damage, what the hell could that monster do to a car traveling 5o miles an hour? I flicked on my bright lights a few times to warn and possibly slow oncoming traffic and then pulled to the shoulder when I spied TWO MORE bulls that preceded the Brahma. Thinking I could possibly block them in the long driveway, I completed a quick U-turn. The bulls just stared. I jumped out my truck and gave my best guess as to what to say. "Shoo!" accompanied a sweeping motion of hands. To my surprise, two of the bulls (the early ones) took off running toward the house. Big giant Brahma considered his options. Feeling quite confident now, I gave another "shoo!" and he took off as well. I followed him and others to the house and was quite relieved that I was followed by another truck. Spoke with the guy and he said he would take it from there. Good damn thing because I didn't know what the hell to do next.


Bull rustler, wearing a cute dress and sandals, that's me.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails