What did we have on the dessert table?
- One plastic container of packaged cookies with fake M&M candies, cute but not tasty. Think cardboard. Perhaps 1 cookie gone.
- One store manufactured red velvet cake - one slice removed.
- Another mass market cake - untouched.
- Sara Lee pound cake sliced horizontally with canned icing in between layers and elsewhere. Two or three slices partaken.
- Fresh fruit tray - well appreciated.
- A giant vat of banana pudding - perhaps from a caterer. Pretty yummy.
- 2 homemade key lime pies with fresh strawberries on top - one pie gone.
- Warm-from-the-oven sopapilla cheesecake with aromatic cinnamon topping - devoured and decimated.
So, here's the question:
If someone brings crappy tasteless store bought crap, should they partake of the yummy homemade stuff?
Because, on one hand, you get what you give.
But on the other, maybe if you taste the good stuff, maybe you'll be ashamed to bring that tasteless junk next time.
Yes, the sopapilla cheesecake was made by moi.