Saturday, February 13, 2010

Life is too short to

drink ordinary beer.

While reading the beer reviews on the Cooking for Assholes blog, I am forced to admit my beer palate is not at all as varied and educated as his; the very idea of chocolate beer or a coffee stout seems repugnant but he tries it all and shares his pronouncements.
I don't drink as much as I once did so it is even more important to me NOT to drink ordinary beer. Good wine, a nice gin and tonic or an occasional amaretto sour is also highly enjoyable.
So, today, a dude with a "Cajun suitcase" (24 pack of beer) of ordinary beer passed me as I entered the supermarket and later in the refrigerated section, another guy picked up the same huge box of beer.Your Word of the Day:
"Cajun suitcase"
~~ 24 or 30 pack of cheap beer,
usually purchased as chilled
for immediate consumption

Why drink no-taste-at-all beer, I wondered? By the time I made it to the next aisle the answer came to me. People who drink ordinary, bland, tasteless beer in volumes don't drink it for the taste. They don't really even know or enjoy beer. Truth is, those folks drink beer to get drunk.

This Duh of the Day has been presented to you by the mega brewers of Bud, Bud Light, Miller Lite, Coors, etc.

3 comments:

Kittie Howard said...

Again, you're spot on! Bud is piss water! I've wondered why/how folks could drink so much of that stuff and finally decided the same as you.

Cooking Asshole said...

Cajun Suitcase? That is fucking hilarious!

I like the taste of good beer but I also like the buzz!

SkitzoLeezra said...

Oh, don't get me wrong, ain't nuthin' better than working up a beer buzz while chompin' on some Super Hot Tamale candy but I don't wanna hear someone claim they love beer when all they drink is Natty Lite.

Related Posts with Thumbnails