Saturday, June 09, 2012

Another one bites the dust

Okay, a tale from my online dating adventures --

Flirted and texted with a guy for a couple weeks.  We met at a local bar where he arrived first and graciously ordered glasses of chardonnay.  Though a fan of red wine, I was impressed by his take-charge attitude and happy to try something new.  The wine was good and as was the conversation.  We found we grew up in the same area.  We shared a couple online dating stories and past relationship history.  Two hours later, we remarked how much fun we had.  A quick kiss and goodnight.  His upcoming weekend was scheduled time with his teenaged daughters.  A few more days of fun flirting via text and then the following weekend is upon us. 

What are your weekend plans, he asked.  
A trip to Destin, Florida to celebrate Chrysanthemum's birthday with friends.  
When are you leaving?  
This afternoon I will drive to Houston to catch a plane.
He said he would love to see just for a minute so he could kiss me goodbye.
Sounds good, he asks me to meet him at 5:00 in the parking lot of a business near both of our workplaces.
5:01 I arrive to the parking lot.  No other cars.
5:05 I sent a "where are you?" text.
5:15 No response.  I leave.
Two hour drive to Houston and delayed flight.  No text, no call.  

Imagining phone issues, getting hung up at work, wanting to know what the hell is going on . . . all the stupid crazy shit that women do . . .I finally send this text a couple days later.

"Hello Rufus.  It's Skitzo.  Are we not talking?  I understand if you couldn't get away Friday but I don't understand the lack of communication.  What am I missing?"

Two days later, he responds with a text.

"Too much to type . . . will have to explain through conversation . . ."

Ok, I send back.  Just making sure you were receiving my texts.
 
NEVER heard from him again.  That was a month and a half ago.

Mind you, better for him to flake early and reveal himself but it is just so curious . . . .

What, dear reader, do YOU suppose happened?

5 comments:

Teresa Evangeline said...

I think a whole lot of men prefer a cyber relationship to a real one. Being charming and flirtatious is a game that works well from a distance, but actually having a real relationship is too much. Flaking out is probably what he does.

I took myself out of the dating pool. Now someone will have to be dropped in my lap or left on my doorstep to make anything even possibly happen.

Teresa Evangeline said...

Please don't let my downer comment send you back to your cave. :)

giddy99 said...

Be grateful that he flaked out early. That whole thing about having you meet somewhere and then he doesn't show up? And then not responding to your inquiries, only to FINALLY respond with some lame attempt at "being mysterious" or whatever the H that was...

I understand your curiosity, but I wouldn't have given him the pleasure of thinking you give a rat's bum. I would have imagined him caught by his wife on his way to me, and would have been glad that he got busted. I'm not saying he was married! I'm saying I would have imagined that this was how it played out.

Because there is no good excuse or reason for that type of beady-eyed weasel behavior, and you deserve ever so much more than that. Be glad he's gone and that he's gone early on. :)

Gail Dixon said...

Shoot! It was all sounding so good! As the others stated, better to find out now that he's an ass rather than later. Don't give up. You're too witty and interesting (and pretty I'm sure) to sit on the sidelines. I don't know if you're a praying person but I prayed for my hubby and my best friend for hers and 22/28 years respectively we've been blessed. Hang in there!

SkitzoLeezra said...

Wow!
Thanks for support, ladies!
I agree Terese-E, some find the game to be fun but real life demands more fill-in-the-blank.
Your words are spurring another post . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails