Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Dating advice from the bachelors

Remember I told ya that I went on a bunch of dates when I signed on to the dating website?

A couple of seasoned guys actually offered a newbie like me some advice. (NO, jackholes, not what you're thinking!)

Anywho, Bachelor #11 told me to never trust a man who has never married. Hold up, I say, I've never married. Should I not be trusted? Nope, Bachelor #11 explains, any halfway decent guy that isn't even paying attention will have a woman trying to get him down the aisle. If said dude is 40 years old or older and never married, then he has absolutely nothing to offer because he would be taken already.

It kinda makes sense.

Bachelor #19 advised me to not let a guy move in with me. Puh-lease, so not gonna happen but elaborate please, Bachelor #19. He said no real man would need to move in because he would already have his own place. And if he didn't, he's a ne'er-do-well or a moocher. Okay, he didn't actually use the moniker of "ne'er-do-well" but I like seeing it in print.

And Bachelor #1 offered this insight when I told him I needed to tear down the wall that both protects and isolates me.

 "Just use a door," he said, "Let the wall protect you and open the door to who you want."



Cue your favorite Jim Morrison tune now.

1 comment:

Teresa Evangeline said...

Is he also the one who told you that you rock a bike helmet? No wonder he's #1. Sounds like a good un.

Related Posts with Thumbnails