Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Songs I Never Want to Hear Again

Hey Folks! Just wondering if any of you ever listen to the radio, hear a song and think, "I wish that were the last time I ever heard THAT!" Well, if not, let's begin today!

So here is your forum to list a few. Could be that the radio station just repeats it too doggone often or you hated it the first time you heard it. Add YOUR unfavorite to this list in the comment section.

We may have a tie between Lynyrd Skynyrd and Shitney Houston! While I might not agree with your list, your are in safe place here.

from Leezra:
Desperado - Eagles
Tom Sawyer - Rush
Anything by Jethro Tull
I’m Your Ice Cream Man - Van Halen with David Lee Roth
I Will Always Love You - Shitney Houston (the Dolly Parton version is okay)

Jena:
Go-oin' to the Chapel and we're gonna' Get Ma-a-arried by the Dixie Cups
Lay Down Your Head, Tom Doo-oo-ooley...Tom Doo-oo-ooley.. . . is a very, very old song that was stupid when it was new
Strokin' - Clarence Carter
Roll On - Alabama. A dumb song, an oldie that was supposed to make truck drivers buy their tape. I guess it worked 'cause they still play it. The lead singer yells this "hail to all redneck truckers" type of ROLL ON! ... Like it's some kind of universal trucking command to roll over anything that gets it their way.

Trish:
Don't want to close my eyes - Aerosmith. It is a PUKE FEST! The moment it comes on I cringe and then change the station. Please retire this song!!!

Sara:
I HATE, HATE, HATE Red, Red Wine by UB40. I know some people like it (like my husband), but I think it's the most annoying song ever.
Donna Summers "I'm in love, love, love . . .I’m in love"

Vikki:
Iron Man - Ozzy Osbourne. Hate it!!!! Starts with devil voice speaking slowly: "Iiiiiii Ammmm Iron Maaaan" Freaks me out.

Dean:
Happy Birthday

Suzanne:
When the Bullet Hits the Bone - Golden Earring. That song has always sucked. How is it that 15 years later they are still playing it? For the love of Pete!
Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd (For the record, Lynyrd Skynyrd, yes, "ole Neil put her down" but I think most people would rather hear him sing "Southern Man" than this old piece of crap.

Amy:
Any rap song, especially those produced from the late 80's to present.
Anything by Eminem
Anything by Marilyn Manson. Both are way too hard rock for me. Their lyrics leave quite a bit to be desired. It's like watching a movie that overuses the F-word. You wonder if they wrote it that way because the plot & story line were so poor and they hope the F-word will distract listeners.

Cassandra:
Going Mobile - The WHO. HATE IT!
Having my Baby - Paul Anka.....YUCK!!

Julie:
Macarena
Who let the Dogs Out
Greatest love of all by Whitney Houston





Charlie:
I don't want to smell that smell or hear That Smell by Lynyrd Skynyrd!!!

John:
True - Spandau Ballet
Anything by Celine Dion

Lauren:
Freebird - Lynyrd Skynyrd

Mike D:
"Eye of the Tiger"

Katherine:
anything by REO Speedwagon.

Roger Foster's brother-in-law:
10. You got lucky - Tom Petty. Early 80's crap
9. Don't come around here no more - Tom Petty. I sense a pattern
8. There was this song about liking girls who wear Abercrombie & Fitch and something about "New Kids on the Block had a bunch of hits". This song was so God-awful that anytime I learned the song title or band name I purged it from consciousness.
7. Candle in the wind - Elton John. Either the Marilyn or Diana Version. Either let them rest in peace or write tributes to cool people like Lenny Bruce.
6. Crash - Dave Matthews. Reminds me of a very bad night after drinking too much Jagermeister. Every time I hear this song I have a flashback.
5. Old time Rock and Roll - Bob Seger. I've been to too many redneck bars and weddings in my life, thus, I have had my quota of this song.
4. Working Man - Rush. Back when Rush tried to sound like Black Sabbath, it never crossed their minds that Geddy Lee's chicken voice blew the effect.
3. Dazed and Confused - Led Zeppelin - TOOOOOO LONG!!!!!! MAKE........IT......STOP!!
4. Lady Marmalade - Maya, Christina Aguilera, Pink, Lil' Kim. Hearing this song 40 times a day will not force me to see Moulin Rouge.
3. God bless the USA - Lee Greenwood - Gen. Schwarzkopf used to play this every morning of the Gulf War. I would be ready to kill also.
2. Just about anything by Creed, Stain, Train, Matchbox 20, Tantric, Seven Mary Three and Three Doors Down. I'm not certain but I suspect that these are all actually Candlebox trying to sneak back on the radio.
1. Mississippi Queen - Mountain. The front man for this band is a very large and shaggy man from Louisiana. And you can tell.

PJ:
Sexual healing - Marvin Gaye. I don't hate many songs but this would lead the pack. I think it is totally demeaning toward women.
99 Luftballones - Nena

Jesus:
Beat it - Michael Jackson. Maybe someone should beat him for writing this very bad attempt at a rock crossover. What was he thinking? Is this what he secretly asks those poor kids to do while at his Neverland ranch? Why in the hell did Eddie Van Halen agree to play a solo on that piece of crap? Was Valerie Bertinelli beating him unless he sold out? There are so many questions...
Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin. While I appreciate the musical vision, or whatever drug-induced visions, that Jimmy Page and company had when they wrote this, if I walk into a music store and hear one more kid playing that damn song I am going to take that guitar and shove it up his piehole.
Freebird - Lynyrd Skynyrd. Why is it that every time I am at a concert or seeing a band there is always that same drunk-off-his-ass dirt bag with the wife-beating tank top screaming "play Freebird!"
Turn the page - Bob Segar. That same idiot who asked for Freebird will, at some point in the evening, call out for this one too. Just for that I give this song the finger.
Can't touch this - MC (where’s all my money) Hammer. First of all, how is it possible to rip off Superfreak and make millions? Second of all, how do you lose all that money to your leeching friends and bad managers? Maybe Hammer should have stuffed some of that cash into those retarded Aladdin pants of his and then sang that song to his buddies.
Ice baby - Vanilla Ice. How could one person be so callous as to destroy such a great song as Queen's "Under Pressure". Freddy Mercury should have given that guy AIDS for butchering that song and leaving us with that permanent stain on pop culture.
Karma Chameleon - Culture Club. Did that sad era actually happen? Did I really turn on MTV and see that freak running around in his dainty hat and smashing hairdo? Please tell me it was all a bad dream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with most of y'all but John, True, by Spandau Ballet is one of my faves b/c it reminds me of Jake Ryan. SO THERE!!!!!

I want to vomit when I hear any line dancy wedding songs: Mambo #9, Macarena, Strokin, etc... yuck

I also never want to hear Suzie Q, Born in the USA, or any song that mentions "loosening my load" ever again!

Related Posts with Thumbnails