And as my blog intro states, I got a little touch of the "skitzo". Tender one day. Bitter, the next. Mean with a dose of humor, hopefully.
Today I was checking out my bookmarked favorite blog list, read Kim's Got Blog entry with a link labelled "Louisiana's Finest". Curiosity got the best of me and I clicked it only to find it was ME! She won a blog award and then named ME to receive the pay it forward kinda nomination.
To accept the award, I am to list 10 daily things and pass on the award to 5 other blogs. Kim and her crowner of blog tiara, Ubermouth, have a theme of mean so passing on MY favorite sites of snarkiness.
- Awake, cursing, to raise the window blind that Sammy the cat bangs against the window frame. After 12 years, I still don't know if he wants to look outside or disturb my sleep.
- Listen to Howard Stern while fixing my face, brushing my teeth, etc.
- Eat toast and drink skim milk from a frozen beer mug, if I have time.
- Drive the 3 minute commute to work.
- Check out my blog buddies.
- Have my daily caffeine fix with (hopefully only one) real Coca~Cola in a can, poured over ice.
- Do whatever I do at work while listening to Sirius, via computer streaming.
- After work, attend meetings for volunteer organization or one of the 3 boards I sit on.
- Multi-task: watch TiVo & blog on the laptop or wire wrap beads or embroider. Idle hands are the devil's workshop, I tell ya!
- Tell God that every day I find something else to be thankful for and read until I fall asleep.
A'ight, 5 favs. Check 'em out and have a laugh.
Things I Want to Punch in the Face - LOVE this blog! Jennifer is a truly worthy rant sister and I just wish I had thought of the blog name first. She has inspired a few of my entries.
Miss In Your Business - advice blog with 2 funny chicks (1 breeder, 1 non) and occasional guest writer. Lots of opinionated advice and funny commenters.
Misadventures in Maturity - not updated lately but rest assured, there is plenty of archived entries to keep you busy. Drop Mis A. a note and demand more. She needs a kick in the ass.
Death Wore a Feathered Mullet - the blog name alone should get you over there. He had me at "I watched Jay Leno once so you never, ever have to".
And as a palate cleanser, might I offer a little nip of Ashley's Closet? She is married, a mom and a breeder and on the surface, not the typical source of curiosity for me but she is a crazy kind of funny. Her header reads "Confessions of an attention loving, wiener gobbling mom who is perpetually in pajamas & who enjoys shopping, gossip & telling it like it is". Now I ask you, can you NOT check her out?